Friday, August 12, 2011

Adair and Jerry {Engagement}

Oh dear, where do I start! I first met Adair nearly 5 years ago now - she was the 'new' teacher at school, she was beautiful, bubbly and was going to be joining my department as a volleyball coach in the Spring.  In the following years, we worked together on the school yearbook and co-taught the Leadership class for a year. Surprisingly, Adair was single. I never got it. I mean, how was this brilliant, gorgeous girl not swept up yet? Whenever a cute sub would come in the staff and faculty would check to see if he was single and single, handsome men were always welcome at our staff parties. Alas, no one really ever met Adair's standards until January 2, 2011. I clearly remember texting her back and forth about an upcoming date she was going to go on. She wanted a nice, quiet cafe somewhere in San Ramon or Danville. I threw our a couple of recommendations and she settled on the Basil Leaf Cafe. Hey, I know it's not exactly a little quaint "Italian" cafe, but it is a beautiful and romantic...
    The next day, Miss A taunted me a bit about how it was not a cafe (well, at least not the type she was wanting!), but her date went really well and they ended up staying much longer than she anticipated. She was glowing, in a very, very good way and I knew. I knew that Jerry was the one for her. She wouldn't admit it that day, but when she talked about it, she blushed and was quite smitten. It was adorable and reminded me of those days before I had two girls, before I was married, before I was engaged. I was so thrilled for her, for them. In a little less than one year from when these two met, they will be married.  Congratulations Adair and Jerry! XOXO


  

No comments: