Monday, January 23, 2012

P/HD+M [3:52]

Wow - this week flew by! I got the phone call that our plate and hearts from last week were ready - but I haven't picked them up yet.  Typical.

Jen from Suzy's Craft Shoppe dropped of an amazing assortment of goodies that I purchased last week. Seriously, you need to check her out.  She's a local mom and a stunning craftswoman.  All of my preggo friends will be getting a little something from her - I may even have to pick up an adult sized Minnie Mouse beanie for me!

It's pouring outside right now.  It's the first rain that we've had in a long time.  I have a love/hate relationship with it - it's nice when you have nothing to do and you're all cozy in your house - it's a pain in the ass when you are working, need to grocery shop and have dogs AND hardwood floors. I'll be holding off on moping until there is a clear day in our forcast...

Since this rain is awful, we stayed in this week.  Hayden wanted to paint, again.  She loves to paint - but she also loves to not clean up, which is a problem. I was thinking of breaking out the canvases and brushes, but I rethought that when I noticed that we had chocolate chips in the baking cabinet. I haven't made chocolate chip cookies from scratch in years. No, not years as in a few months, years as in at least 5 years. Pre-kids, pre-fat butt. I got this amazing receipe from a dear friend Seana.  I've known the girl since she was about 3 - she's a beautiful woman now, working and living in San Diego. Her mom (at the time) was a pastery chef - while her dad worked for Otis Spunkmeyer.  Yeah.  You know these chocolate chip cookies are killer.



The Goods: 
Mix - Mix - Mix
Add some flour...
And WATCH!
and DONE!

Shawna at Styleberry : A super creative mama with a bun in the oven.
Lisa at Adventures in Mommyhood : A new mama, blogging about life and motherhood




No comments: